Another non-round design on round cookies! (Remember these penguin gingerbread cookies?)
The cookies are vanilla sugar cookies...
And the design is created with royal icing:
- Orange piping and flood icing
- Brown flood icing (I made this flood a little thicker than normal, instead of making both piping and flood icing for the brown spots.)
- Cream flood icing (also a little thicker, for the same reason)
- Black piping icing
- Royal icing eyes (these are pre-made eyes.)
To make a giraffe:
1. Pipe around the edge of the cookie with orange piping icing.
2. Flood the center of the cookie with orange flood icing. Then let the icing dry completely.
3. Add a cream nose just below center.
4. Add four orange ovals for the ears and horns.
5. Add brown spots around the bottom edge of the cookie. Then pipe black accents on the horns and ears, and dots and a smile on the nose.
6. Attach the eyes with a dot of extra orange icing.
Let the cookies dry completely before stacking or packing them - they're dry when they are no longer shiny.